Research Analyst, Real Estate
Boyd Watterson is a fast-growing company that focuses on sustaining our collegial culture as it expands. Honesty and integrity are fundamental to our character and relationships. Our managers are dedicated to being available and attentively listening to employees. We are looking for excited new team members to join our ever growing team.
Research Analyst for our Real Estate is responsible for providing research and analytical support for real estate line of business on GSA, State, and Commercial Market Research. They will also be responsible for creating and updating reports to support the general real estate research process.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high net worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Development – Build relationships in targeted markets with brokers, economic developers, and government officials to have a better understanding of the local real estate fundamentals and the firm’s current and future investments.
- Analysis – Aggregate data and create/update models in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word to provide a summary on investment decisions in commercial real estate and marketing material.
- Sourcing – Go through reports developed by the industry to discover new deals and call the local market participants to those deals. Analyze potential new development/redevelopment opportunities for tenants who are searching for space in the market.
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements:
- College degree and 3+ years of real estate experience required
- CFA certification a plus
- Strong Relationship development and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Great work ethic
- Reliable team member
- Passion for learning