Executive Vice President, Director of Portfolio Assets
Boyd Watterson fosters an entrepreneurial environment in which the interests of the employees, ownership and clients are fully aligned. We believe that honesty and integrity are fundamental to our character and relationships. We are seeking like-minded people to join our team. We promote professional development while supporting a work/life balance.Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC (“Boyd Watterson”) is an SEC-registered investment manager headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with over $15 billion of assets under management in various fixed income, equity and real estate strategies. The real estate group within Boyd Watterson manages in excess of $7.5 billion of gross real estate assets on behalf of a variety of institutional and high net-worth individuals. The Director of Assets is primarily responsible for providing strategic direction and managerial oversight of the Asset Management functions. Collaborates with the Heads of Asset Management to:
- Oversee all Asset Management personnel and activities for the Real Estate Line of Business.
- Formulate and execute strategies to maximize value of real estate assets in-line with the overall investment strategy.
- Review, improve, and document current processes and establish monitoring to ensure processes are applied consistently.
- Develop routine, meaningful reporting to provide transparency to the PM and Executive teams.
- Member of the Real Estate Investment Team responsible for assisting in the execution of all phases of the investment process for the Real Estate Products; routinely provides insights and advice; identifies and upstreams trends, risks, and opportunities.
Boyd Watterson is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional and high net worth clients, either directly or through intermediaries.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase organizational capability and efficiency of Asset Management team commensurate with growth in the portfolios.
- Leasing – Ensure that the leasing process is defined and executed.
- Valuations – Partner with the FP&A team to streamline the valuation process, understand the drivers of changes in valuations, and provide insightful reporting.
- Property Management – Oversee the property management functions performed by third party vendors, re: management of physical properties including maintenance, inspections, operations, and capital improvements.
- Review property management assignments before they are awarded to ensure best in market.
- Reporting, budgeting, capital expenditures
- Communications – Ensure that the Heads of Asset Management deliver comprehensive, transparent communication regarding their portfolios.
- Dispositions – Oversee the hold/sell analysis process, ensuring an analysis is done for each asset, considering if the sale will monetize a gain, improve portfolio characteristics, provide liquidity, or avoid a risk.
- Responsible contracting policy
- Ensure that the process and reporting are accurate.
- Legal and risk management – Together with legal counsel, oversee insurance, emergency planning, government regulations, contracts, and leases.
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate
- MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of real estate experience in transactional and asset management roles
- Strong Management Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to effectively communicate with clients, lenders, tenants, consultants, brokers, competitors, lawyers and the government.
- Strong analytic skills required
- Knowledge of GSA tenancy preferred